Anyway on to some craftiness....
I am so excited to be a guest designer over at the CropStop this month for the 18th and the 25th of January. They also have an on-line store where they sell several items from popular brand-names.
I'm thrilled, as this is my first time being gust designer. A few months ago I won the challenge over on their blog. As a prize I received a cute embossing folder by Couture Creations from the Fresh and Fun collection call Smooch. With Valentines right around the corner I thought it would be the perfect tool to use for my creation for their blog this week.
Here is what I came up with:
|Can't tell from the photo,but that is a shiny gold arrow as well, to match the gold highlight on the bird
- Embossing folder: Smooch by Couture Creations
- Stamp set (for sentiment): From Close to my Heart called My Sunshine (S1304)
- Dies: Lawn Fawn - large scalloped rectangles and a flourish not sure by who (comment below if you know)
- Lace ribbon -- up-cycled from an old shirt
- Flower (stash)
- Copper brads (one for birds eye and one for center of flower)
- Speed ball roller for wet embossing (I used roller on the inside of the folder for the debossed (top layer) and straight on the paper for the second layer.
- Inks - Cotton Candy pink, Chocolate brown and gold metallic (to accent the cute little bird - he needed to stand out more)
- Arrow embellishment: by Anna Griffin
- Gold bow
- Adhesive - I like Zots and Tombow
- Card stock - in cream
- Patterned paper - brown with polka-a-dots from K&Company
- Printer for inside sentiment
|My inside sentiment made it a "thank you" vs. a "Valentine "
613 Avenue Create:Anything goes (Closes 31 Jan )
The Paper Nesting Dolls - Anything goes (Closes 31 Jan)
A Perfect Time to Craft - Anything goes ( Closes 31 Jan)
Crafts Galore Encore - Anything goes (Closes 31 Jan)
Hope you enjoyed my project, please comment below and don't for get to visit the CropShop! I'll see you over there again next week.
God bless and a scrappy new year to you all.