|Sorry - bad lighting on this photo
I made several variation's of a card from the "make it now section" on Cricut Design Space. These cards are from Anna Griffin's Cartridge - Garden Cards and Embellishments . I of course added my own touches to make them "my way".
Simon Says Stamp.
The "Happy Birthday" comes from Sizzix Thinlits. It originally said "Happy Birthday to You", but I cut the '"to you" off so it would fit nicely on the front of the label. I do not remember what cartridge the labels are from - probably a CTMH one.
One interesting thing I did was, once the layers on each pieces where glued together (but before I put the pieces on the card), I ran them all through the Cuttlebug. I like doing this sometimes, as it really adheres the papers together, almost making them as if it is one smooth piece. I also did this with the main card -- It was an interesting affectt because of the ornate top layer, it gave the inside of the card a gentle embossed touch. If you look close you can see that on the inside of the card above.
If you want to make an elegant card but don't have the time to design it yourself I highly recommend the Cricut Design Space "Make it Now" feature. It gives you instructions, sizes, and list of needed supplies at the click of a button.
- Cricut Design Space "Make it Now" (need Cricut Explore to use Design Space)
- Cricut Explore (mine is an air so it is Wi-Fi ready)
- Anna Griffin's Cartridge -- Garden Cards and Embellishments
- Other cartridges for labels and outside sentiments / titles
- Sizzix Thinlits. "Happy Birthday to You"
- Cardstock: Cream, beige, medium blue to light blue, pink, and two shades of sage (leaves)
- Patterned paper: I used 4 different patterns between the four cards from a K and Company floral stack.
- Gold foil paper (small piece for "Happy Birthday)
- Glue and pop dots
- Gold ink
Challenges I am entering these in:
Simon Says Stamp: Flora or Fauna (closes 18 July)