Over at Simon Says Stamp they are featuring Concord and 9th products (also here or here). One I have of theirs is a lovely set of love birds called By Your Side. I was going to use it for a St. Valentines card but I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to get on the band wagon and show case them as well. The dies cut so nicely in my Cuttlebug.
I think this relatively simple card looks so regal with the “slide-through” die design by Concord and 9th die and the dimensional flower embellishments by Anna Griffin.
I Love how the silhouette of the birds is showcased on the inside of the card with double sided paper.
The pop-dotted flowers and the slide behind die give this card a distinctive 3D look which is perfect for the layered challenge over at Die cut Divas’ blog
Products and supplies:
- Card base – in cream
- Gems – in tan for eyes
- Ink – Studio G in magenta (VP0030)
- Ink dauber – for edging
- Printer – for inside sentiment
- Double sided paper (pattern on one side, solid on flip) – I used an Anna Griffin layer for this and slid it behind the birds but over the top of the rest of the card base.
- Gold foil paper – for tiny die cut butterfly
- Rose stickers 3D “kiss-cut” - Once again I have used an Anna Griffin product for this. Anna has some beautiful “print then cut” flowers available on Cricut Design Space as well.
- Die – Birds – “By Your Side” from Concord & 9th
- Die – Butterfly - “Up inthe Sky” cut and emboss dies by Cricut
- Adhesive – I use Tombow tape runner
Place I am sharing this:
- Simon Says Stamp – Wednesday anything goes challenge
- Die Cut Divas – Layered challenge
- PDE Linky Party – Ch# 149 Anything goes
- Anna Griffin (facebook) - Sunday Share
Hope you enjoyed my card today. God Bless and Happy Scrappin’!
Love the colors and layering! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!ReplyDelete
What a lovely card. Thanks so much for sharing.ReplyDelete
So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.
Such a lovely card and I like how you used the silhouette on the inside, very clever. Thanks for joining the Die Cut Divas, CarolGReplyDelete
Gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Pause Dream Enjoy Linky Party.ReplyDelete
So charming and romantic!! Thanks for playing along at Die Cut Divas.ReplyDelete