Over at Simon Says Stamp they are featuring Concord and 9th products (also here or here). One I have of theirs is a lovely set of love birds called By Your Side. I was going to use it for a St. Valentines card but I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to get on the band wagon and show case them as well. The dies cut so nicely in my Cuttlebug.
I think this relatively simple card looks so regal with the “slide-through” die design by Concord and 9th die and the dimensional flower embellishments by Anna Griffin.
I Love how the silhouette of the birds is showcased on the inside of the card with double sided paper.
The pop-dotted flowers and the slide behind die give this card a distinctive 3D look which is perfect for the layered challenge over at Die cut Divas’ blog
Products and supplies:
- Card base – in cream
- Gems – in tan for eyes
- Ink – Studio G in magenta (VP0030)
- Ink dauber – for edging
- Printer – for inside sentiment
- Double sided paper (pattern on one side, solid on flip) – I used an Anna Griffin layer for this and slid it behind the birds but over the top of the rest of the card base.
- Gold foil paper – for tiny die cut butterfly
- Rose stickers 3D “kiss-cut” - Once again I have used an Anna Griffin product for this. Anna has some beautiful “print then cut” flowers available on Cricut Design Space as well.
- Die – Birds – “By Your Side” from Concord & 9th
- Die – Butterfly - “Up inthe Sky” cut and emboss dies by Cricut
- Adhesive – I use Tombow tape runner
Place I am sharing this:
- Simon Says Stamp – Wednesday anything goes challenge
- Die Cut Divas – Layered challenge
- PDE Linky Party – Ch# 149 Anything goes
- Anna Griffin (facebook) - Sunday Share
Hope you enjoyed my card today. God Bless and Happy Scrappin’!