|These Where My Favorite|
Today I am sharing a series of Snow Families I made for the craft fair. They sold very well (Set of 3 for $12.). I should have remembered to keep a cute set for myself-- Oh well.
|Sorry for the bad photo on this one|
- White Sock- White in both child and adult male size for bodies
- Colored Socks and footies- coordinating patterned socks and footsie (in both adult male and female sizes and colors) for clothing and hats
- Nylon knee-highs – I used these and liners so rice wouldn’t poke thru the socks. I put the rice in the base and topped with stuffing for the head tied it off; cut off excess and put the fill knee high in to the white sock. Note: glue seemed to work better for getting the hats inn the “just right position”.
- Rice – to weight the base of the snowfolks
- Stuffing- for the head and some of the upper body
- Rubber bands – to “squeeze-in” section (head, body, etc.)
- Hot glue and glue gun - while I sewed on most of the features some needed stability of glue, or in some cases, glue worked better or I was tiered and glue was easier.
- Buttons, beads, decorative straight pins, gems, and embroidery floss – for eyes, nose, and mouths
- Ribbons, bows, small flowers – to accessorize, of course ;)
- Needle and thread – to attach eyes, bows, secure hats and scarves, etc.. Note: A curved needle worked better for me to sew on the eyes, etc.…
- Knit hat and scarf - I bought one small set from the craft store all the rest where just cut piece of socks.
- Yarn - scarves and tie-offs
Place I am sharing these on:
- 613 Avenue Create: Challenge #192-Hoiday Happiness (I hope my jolly snowmen fit the bill)
- CropStop: Linky Party #22: Anything Goes
- D.L.Art: December link Challenge-Anything Goes
- Little Red Wagon: Challenge #370-Chilly Friends (my guys are certainly chilly)
- Little Scraps and Pieces: Show it off Saturday Linky Party
- Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge: Challenge 306-Anything Goes
- Sunny Day Crafting: Challenge #25-Anything Goes
|The Faceless Masses|
* When I go to make my supply list, it always surprises me on how many supplies I actually use – it makes it seem more difficult than it is. This was a lot more involved than my gnomes. The gnomes where so easy to make (in an up coming post IF I can find any pictures of them).
Hope you enjoyed these little cuties. Gob bless and happy scrappin'
Beautiful projects Kat, they are adorable. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny’s Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTxReplyDelete
These are just darling - so cute and sweet! Thanks for bringing the family by our house at 613 Avenue Create.ReplyDelete
Cute snowmen! Thank you for joining our Chilly Friends challenge this week at Little Red Wagon. Donna (DT)ReplyDelete
Fabulous Snowman Families. I lover the way you dressed the snow people. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes December Linky ChallengeReplyDelete
Wow! You have been busy! Your Snow Families are just adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at DL.ART Challenges!ReplyDelete
Lovely projects ans so beautifully crafted! Thank you for joining us at Penny's Challenges this week. Hope to see you again!ReplyDelete
Hugs, Mary (DT member)
They are just adorable! Thanks for leaving them on our Front Porch at 613 Avenue Create!ReplyDelete