Purple in basic color for the last two hats.
|Lots of Knurlier on these two -- how is the for "K" items - good word!|
To make it more "Halloweenie" I added spiders and the words spooky (From Ann Griffin's Seasonal Dies) - in purple and green glitter paper of course. The dies cut and Emboss - Had to mention that for the Emboss it challenge over at the Fabulous Cricut Blog
I glued a big glitzy garland around the brim with a metallic Kurly -Q ribbon adorned to the top.
|I didn't make the mask - it was in my stash from a few years ago|
And finished with a big flamboyant purple bow on the top and a pom-pom made from the garland. Not sure if you could see but I also have one of those wobbly spiders on the top.
|I can't decide if this is my favorite of the 5|
I've used Silver glitter paper to cut stars. Big ones are again from the Anna Griffin seasonal dies, I also used her feather from the same set (can't see it as part of the plum on the other side, but you can see here that I added the 'in" part of the feather (cut out part) here as added bling). The little stars are from a Hot off the press set.
I have more little critters hidden - a silver beetle is caught in the web (Cricut/Provo craft die) on the far side and a little gem spider hangs from a shimmering star. I have a few glow in the dark spiders including one under the rim that viewers can see as you wear the bonnet. And of course this one has the wobbly glitter spider on the very tip top as well.
Note: I added cardstock inside the hats to keep them pointy and upright (needed it). I did that for all five hats.
Ta Da ---What Do You Think?Supplies:
- Basic Witch hats (dollar Store)
- Wobbly Spiders (pick from Michael's - came with 6)
- Wide purple mesh ribbon (Dollar Tree)
- Cardstock in black,
- Cardstock - glitzy silver by Pressed Petals
- Glittered cardstock in purple and green from The paper Studio
- Metallic silver cardstock (from stash)
- Chalk pigment ink by Studio G in a dark Pink (do these have names?) VP0030
- Little bats (Dollar Tree in sets of 2)
- Glue Gun with lots of glue sticks
- Round purplish gems (from my stash)
- Lavender pipe cleaners (Kurly-Qs)
- Anna Griffin - Seasonal Die Set
- Cricut (my is an Air)
- CTMH Art Philosophy Cartridge
- Smaller star die (Hot off the press - Paper Artist - 10 Tags and Trims)
- Black Mesh ribbon (CTMH)
- Décor Sticks (colored purple with a paint pen)
- Silver circle picks (from my stash)
- Black and white stitched ribbon (around base of hat with a buckle from my stash)
- Mardi Gras garland and mask (stash I think from Walmart a few years back)
- Little gem sticker spider (Michael's)
- Spider wed (with glow in the dark spiders (Dollar Tree)
- Stretchy Black Lace (From my stash)
- Cricut (Provo Craft) Cut and emboss die - Up In the Sky set
Whew - that was a lot more product than I thought
Note: Many of the basic craft items can be bought at Scrapbook.com or Cricut.com - if you purchase from the links on my page it helps by supporting this blog and my creation - Thank you so much!
Blogs I'm post on:
Anna Griffin's Facebook - Sunday Share (Using her Seasonal Dies)
Cut it Up - Name game Challenge #105 -(closes 1 Oct) - (for my Kooky, Knurly, Kurly-Q Kaps!!!)
DL.ART - Gardens Challenge #188 (Closes 23 Sep) - (For my garden of black Roses and bugs)
Die Cut Divas - September Challenge (closes 30 Sep)
Scrappy Land - Challenge #49 (closes 18 Sep)
Crop Stop - Anything goes linky party #20 (closes 11 Oct)
Jo's Scrap Shack - Anything goes FFC #156 (closes 23 Sep)
Fabulous Cricut - Wet or Dry Emboss Challenge #285 (closes 26 Sep) - (for my little embossed spiders and beetle)
Please let me know which witch hat is your favorite. If you like my creations, please become a follower. You can also follow me on Pinterest.
God Bless and happy scrappin' !